Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 24 - Running in Ottawa



This past week I flew to Ottawa for a conference and had to leave at 5:30 am on Keira's 4th birthday.

We had a little party for her the day before and enjoyed a pooh bear cake with ice cream from the farmer's market.


While in Ottawa, I ran 8 km on Tuesday with Annie.


I took the "clown bike" (a great cruiser bike that I also used last year when I came to visit) to and from Natalie and Dean's house to the conference downtown, and one afternoon took a little tour along the bike paths over to the Quebec side around by the Museum of Civilization.


The weather was great and tulips were everywhere!


On Friday, Nat (who will be running a half marathon on May 30th in Ottawa) and I ran 6 km together and then on Sunday we ran for 12+ km along the Ottawa River.


In the afternoon we all headed over to Gatineau Park and hiked around Pink Lake, before I had to head to the airport.


No comments:

Post a Comment